Friday, April 24, 2009

Since I discovered poetry, I cannot make out
which shapes are silhouettes of ancient memories
and which are pulled from pictures
manipulated,
to serve, to feign, to fake their way into stories.

Another reason I confuse photographs
for memories
is because I remember so many of them 
being taken in their first moment
the shutter click, the film progress
because dad took pictures everywhere and
all the time.
I stopped remembering 
because it would be on film one day,
things I don't even want to remember.

Instead, I can pull out a photo
and everyone is happy.
When we are done
I can put it away again.


1 comment:

  1. I complained to one I love that I'd taken too few photographs since my arrival in this place. He placed a finger to his forehead and smiled.

    ReplyDelete